Bihar Legislative Council bypolls on Sept 11
New Delhi: Bye-election to two Bihar Legislative Council seats, which fell vacant following the resignation of sitting members, will be held on September 11, the Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The Siwan Local Authority Constituency seat fell vacant following resignation of Manoj Kumar Singh, while a general seat fell vacant after sitting MLC Gulam Gaus quit. Both of them resigned in April.
The term of the Siwan MLC was to have expired in July, 2015, and that of the other legislator in July, 2016.
The notification will be issued on August 25, while September one will be the last date of filing nominations.
After scrutiny the next day, September 4 has been fixed as the last date of withdrawal.
Counting of votes will be held soon after polling on September 11, EC said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi