Bihar Legislative Council bypolls on Sept 11
New Delhi: Bye-election to two Bihar Legislative Council seats, which fell vacant following the resignation of sitting members, will be held on September 11, the Election Commission announced on Tuesday.
The Siwan Local Authority Constituency seat fell vacant following resignation of Manoj Kumar Singh, while a general seat fell vacant after sitting MLC Gulam Gaus quit. Both of them resigned in April.
The term of the Siwan MLC was to have expired in July, 2015, and that of the other legislator in July, 2016.
The notification will be issued on August 25, while September one will be the last date of filing nominations.
After scrutiny the next day, September 4 has been fixed as the last date of withdrawal.
Counting of votes will be held soon after polling on September 11, EC said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!