Bihar Legislature Houses wear deserted look
Patna: Both Houses of the Bihar Legislature wore a deserted look on Monday with a majority of ruling JD(U) ministers and legislators yet to return from Delhi after the `Adhikar rally`.
Opposition RJD member Bhai Birendra pointed to the absence of a large number of ministers and JD(U) legislators in the House.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is still in Delhi to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Union Finance minister P Chidambaram and Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
Starred questions related to sugarcane and minority welfare departments remained unanswered because of absence of ministers Awdesh Kushwaha and Shahid Ali Khan respectively.
In the absence of Industry minister Renu Kumari, Animal Husbandry minister Giriraj Singh answered questions related to her department.
Present in the House were ministers Vijay Chaudhary and P K Shahi, Bijendra Prasad Yadav and Bhim Singh.
Chaudhary, who returned last night said "it was a big rally on the important issue of special status for Bihar. All party ministers and legislators will be back soon."
BJP ministers and members were present in both Houses.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi shuttled between the two Houses to answer for the government.
Human Resources Development minister P K Shahi told reporters outside the Council "Work of the two Houses has been hampered due to absence of some ministers and legislators of JD(U)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister