Bihar Lokayukta Bill proposes CM under its ambit
Patna: The Bihar Lokayukta Bill, 2011, has
proposed constitution of a three-member Lokayukta with
jurisdiction to probe corruption charges against public
servants from the chief minister down to employees of the
lowest rung of the administration.
Public servants including the chief minister, ministers,
members of the state legislature, officials, employees,
companies, NGOs and chairpersons of the various boards and
corporations in the state would be within the purview of the
Lokayukta, according to the draft bill circulated among the
state legislature members and the media here today.
It would require permission of the full bench of
Lokayukta to initiate investigation or prosecution against
the chief minister, minister and members of the state
legislature under sections 16 of the Lokayukta Act while
it may inquire into act or conduct of others if such a person
is associated with allegation under the Prevention of
Corruption Act, 1988.
The Lokayukta shall consist of a chairman and two
members who would be judicial members appointed by the
Governor. They would hold office for a term not exceeeding
five years from the date of assuming office or until
attainment of 70 years of age, whichever is earlier, the draft
The Bihar Lokayukta Bill draft also proposed to set up
a five-member search committee comprising Bihar legislative
council chairman as its convenor, besides Bihar assembly
Speaker, two sitting judges of Patna High Court nominated by
the chief justice and immediate outgoing Lokayukta as its
members to select the chairman and members of the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials