Bihar: Maoists abduct 3 guards
Sitamarhi: Maoists abducted three
security guards after seting on fire a hot mixing plant of a road contractor at Khairwa Maniyari village in Bihar`s
Sitamarhi district, police said Wednesday.
A group of Maoists raided the under-construction road project site of a contractor Amit Kumar Singh last night and set on fire a hot mixing plant, police said.
The ultras also took away with them three security guards who had vainly resisted arson by the former.
The Maoists left a leaflet on the spot demanding levy
from the contractor or else stop work, Prasad said.
Raids were being carried out to rescue the abducted security guards.
The Maoists had set on fire four vehicles, including
three dumpers, at the site of a private construction company
M/S Chaddha and Chaddha engaged in two-lane project on NH-77
between Muzaffarpur and Sonbarsa on the intervening night of
January 9-10 last as part of their violent opposition to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources