Bihar: Maoists burn construction equipment
Muzaffarpur: Armed Maoists burnt down a tractor, two JCB machines, a pump set besides a generator of a private construction firm engaged in construction of a bridge over river Gandak at Raghuvi village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, police sources said on Saturday.
Over 50 ultras raided the construction site last night and burnt the machines, tractor, pump set and a generator, police said.
They also burnt thousand bags of cement inside a room of the construction firm.
A combing operation has been launched in the area to track down the ultras.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- China, Japan foreign ministers hold rare talks to reduce mistrust in ties
- Cambodian passenger train back on track post years-long hiatus
- Europe could learn from India in tackling migrant crisis: Australian official