Bihar mid-day meal deaths: Forensic report awaited
New Delhi: The government is awaiting the forensic report to know the reason why "food was contaminated" causing 21 deaths at a school in Bihar`s Saran district, said Minister for Human Resource Development MM Pallam Raju here.
"It is very sad to know about yesterday`s (Tuesday) incident where food poisoning has taken place and 20 children and the cook have passed away and another 21 are hospitalised. We have taken serious note of what has happened," the minister told reporters.
The minister also added that a senior official who looks after the mid-day meal programme is in Bihar for a first hand information.
"It looks like contaminated food...but we are awaiting the forensic report, which will be out later today (Wednesday) and we will know the reason then why the food was contaminated," the minister said.
Twenty dead children were buried near the school.
A case has been registered against the school`s headmistress Meena Devi and other teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach