Bihar mid-day meal deaths: Forensic report awaited
New Delhi: The government is awaiting the forensic report to know the reason why "food was contaminated" causing 21 deaths at a school in Bihar`s Saran district, said Minister for Human Resource Development MM Pallam Raju here.
"It is very sad to know about yesterday`s (Tuesday) incident where food poisoning has taken place and 20 children and the cook have passed away and another 21 are hospitalised. We have taken serious note of what has happened," the minister told reporters.
The minister also added that a senior official who looks after the mid-day meal programme is in Bihar for a first hand information.
"It looks like contaminated food...but we are awaiting the forensic report, which will be out later today (Wednesday) and we will know the reason then why the food was contaminated," the minister said.
Twenty dead children were buried near the school.
A case has been registered against the school`s headmistress Meena Devi and other teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray