Bihar mid-day meal tragedy: Shatrughan Sinha demands judicial probe
Patna: Expressing grief over the death of 22 children after eating mid-day meal in Bihar, BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Wednesday demanded a judicial probe into the tragedy and stern action against district officials.
"What was the (Saran) district administration doing? Why was the quality of the food served under midday meal scheme not checked before being given to children?" Sinha, who is BJP MP from Patna Saheb, told a news agency.
"My heart reaches out to families of innocent children who lost their lives after eating mid-day meal at the school," the actor-turned-politician said and charged the state government with adopting a `lackadaisical approach` in the implementation of mid-day meal scheme and sought stern action against guilty.
Sinha, who served as a minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, demanded checking of the quality of food served under the scheme in other parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali