Bihar Minister charged with violating model code
Bhagalpur: An FIR has been registered
against Bihar Minister for Public Health Engineering
Department Ashvani Kumar Choubey charging him in with
violating the model code of conduct ahead of the assembly
polls, official sources said today.
The case was lodged with the police here last evening by
executive magistrate Mahrndra prasad following the directive
of the district returning officer of Bhagalpur.
Choubey, a senior BJP leader, has been charged with making
announcements for making the airport here operational for
domestic flight to allegedly influence voters in his Bhagalpur
He has also been charged with holding a meeting of BJP
workers in the town here without permission from district
authorities, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened