Bihar Minister charged with violating model code
Bhagalpur: An FIR has been registered
against Bihar Minister for Public Health Engineering
Department Ashvani Kumar Choubey charging him in with
violating the model code of conduct ahead of the assembly
polls, official sources said today.
The case was lodged with the police here last evening by
executive magistrate Mahrndra prasad following the directive
of the district returning officer of Bhagalpur.
Choubey, a senior BJP leader, has been charged with making
announcements for making the airport here operational for
domestic flight to allegedly influence voters in his Bhagalpur
He has also been charged with holding a meeting of BJP
workers in the town here without permission from district
authorities, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi