Bihar minister gets Rs 20 lakh extortion demand
Patna: A Bihar minister has alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs 20 lakh from him and threatened to kill him if he did not pay up, police said on Tuesday.
Bihar Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand and threat to his life, police said.
According to police, an unidentified man Choubey thrice on his mobile phone and demanded money, threatening to kill him if the amount was not paid.
A complaint has been lodged and investigation has begun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city