Bihar minister gets Rs 20 lakh extortion demand
Patna: A Bihar minister has alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs 20 lakh from him and threatened to kill him if he did not pay up, police said on Tuesday.
Bihar Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand and threat to his life, police said.
According to police, an unidentified man Choubey thrice on his mobile phone and demanded money, threatening to kill him if the amount was not paid.
A complaint has been lodged and investigation has begun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes