Bihar minister gets Rs 20 lakh extortion demand
Patna: A Bihar minister has alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs 20 lakh from him and threatened to kill him if he did not pay up, police said on Tuesday.
Bihar Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand and threat to his life, police said.
According to police, an unidentified man Choubey thrice on his mobile phone and demanded money, threatening to kill him if the amount was not paid.
A complaint has been lodged and investigation has begun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India