Bihar minister gets Rs 20 lakh extortion demand
Patna: A Bihar minister has alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs 20 lakh from him and threatened to kill him if he did not pay up, police said on Tuesday.
Bihar Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand and threat to his life, police said.
According to police, an unidentified man Choubey thrice on his mobile phone and demanded money, threatening to kill him if the amount was not paid.
A complaint has been lodged and investigation has begun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space