Bihar minister gets Rs 20 lakh extortion demand
Patna: A Bihar minister has alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs 20 lakh from him and threatened to kill him if he did not pay up, police said on Tuesday.
Bihar Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand and threat to his life, police said.
According to police, an unidentified man Choubey thrice on his mobile phone and demanded money, threatening to kill him if the amount was not paid.
A complaint has been lodged and investigation has begun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state