Bihar minister Ramai Ram lands in trouble
Patna: Bihar minister Ramai Ram has landed in trouble with the state Human Rights Commission on Wednesday issuing him notice and directing him to submit reply on a complaint of ignoring treatment to his domestic help.
State Human Rights member Mandhata Singh while hearing the complaint of Aranya Devi, directed the minister to submit his reply by August 7 when the matter would be heard next.
The complaint, wife of Ram`s domestic help Anandu Paswan, had alleged that her husband was injured by cattle reared by the minister at his official bungalow two years back and was not provided proper treatment.
Sanjay Kumar Bharti, lawyer of Ram, contested the allegation and said treatment was provided to Anandu Paswan and proper care was also taken.
Rekha Devi, the minister`s daughter and former MLC, also told reporters that there was no truth in the allegation.
67-year-old Ramai Ram is a veteran politician, eight time MLA from Bochahan (SC) Assembly seat in Muzaffarpur district and is currently the transport minister in the Jitan Ram Manjhi government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city