Bihar minister Ramai Ram lands in trouble
Patna: Bihar minister Ramai Ram has landed in trouble with the state Human Rights Commission on Wednesday issuing him notice and directing him to submit reply on a complaint of ignoring treatment to his domestic help.
State Human Rights member Mandhata Singh while hearing the complaint of Aranya Devi, directed the minister to submit his reply by August 7 when the matter would be heard next.
The complaint, wife of Ram`s domestic help Anandu Paswan, had alleged that her husband was injured by cattle reared by the minister at his official bungalow two years back and was not provided proper treatment.
Sanjay Kumar Bharti, lawyer of Ram, contested the allegation and said treatment was provided to Anandu Paswan and proper care was also taken.
Rekha Devi, the minister`s daughter and former MLC, also told reporters that there was no truth in the allegation.
67-year-old Ramai Ram is a veteran politician, eight time MLA from Bochahan (SC) Assembly seat in Muzaffarpur district and is currently the transport minister in the Jitan Ram Manjhi government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold falls further by Rs 70 to Rs 30,680 per ten grams
- Suicide bomber kills 12 at checkpoint north of Baghdad
- Lok Sabha expresses concern over missing Indian Air Force's AN 32 aircraft
- Massive search continues for missing IAF plane on Day 4; 13 Navy vessels, 2 ships deployed
- Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani arrested for defying restrictions