Bihar minister Ramai Ram lands in trouble
Patna: Bihar minister Ramai Ram has landed in trouble with the state Human Rights Commission on Wednesday issuing him notice and directing him to submit reply on a complaint of ignoring treatment to his domestic help.
State Human Rights member Mandhata Singh while hearing the complaint of Aranya Devi, directed the minister to submit his reply by August 7 when the matter would be heard next.
The complaint, wife of Ram`s domestic help Anandu Paswan, had alleged that her husband was injured by cattle reared by the minister at his official bungalow two years back and was not provided proper treatment.
Sanjay Kumar Bharti, lawyer of Ram, contested the allegation and said treatment was provided to Anandu Paswan and proper care was also taken.
Rekha Devi, the minister`s daughter and former MLC, also told reporters that there was no truth in the allegation.
67-year-old Ramai Ram is a veteran politician, eight time MLA from Bochahan (SC) Assembly seat in Muzaffarpur district and is currently the transport minister in the Jitan Ram Manjhi government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media