Bihar minister regrets remarks on Nitish Kumar
Patna: A Bihar minister on Saturday regretted his remarks asking the BJP to make Chief Minister Nitish Kumar the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 General Elections.
"I regret my remarks in deference to the sentiments of the chief minister who expressed displeasure for airing my personal views in public," Rural Works Minister Bhim Singh told a hurried-convened press conference at the JD(U) office here.
"I had expressed my views out of excitement and I regret that I should not have made such comments even in my individual capacity," he said.
Singh had yesterday asked the BJP to make Nitish the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate as 64 per cent of the people of the state wanted to see him as the country`s next prime minister as figured out by a survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials