Bihar minister regrets remarks on Nitish Kumar
Patna: A Bihar minister on Saturday regretted his remarks asking the BJP to make Chief Minister Nitish Kumar the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 General Elections.
"I regret my remarks in deference to the sentiments of the chief minister who expressed displeasure for airing my personal views in public," Rural Works Minister Bhim Singh told a hurried-convened press conference at the JD(U) office here.
"I had expressed my views out of excitement and I regret that I should not have made such comments even in my individual capacity," he said.
Singh had yesterday asked the BJP to make Nitish the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate as 64 per cent of the people of the state wanted to see him as the country`s next prime minister as figured out by a survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations