Bihar minister regrets remarks on Nitish Kumar
Patna: A Bihar minister on Saturday regretted his remarks asking the BJP to make Chief Minister Nitish Kumar the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 General Elections.
"I regret my remarks in deference to the sentiments of the chief minister who expressed displeasure for airing my personal views in public," Rural Works Minister Bhim Singh told a hurried-convened press conference at the JD(U) office here.
"I had expressed my views out of excitement and I regret that I should not have made such comments even in my individual capacity," he said.
Singh had yesterday asked the BJP to make Nitish the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate as 64 per cent of the people of the state wanted to see him as the country`s next prime minister as figured out by a survey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped