Bihar Minister says non-veg food, mobile phones lead to rape, molestation
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: The comments passed by our politicos on what they consider right for the society are getting weirder by the day. From proposal to ban mini skirts, opposing the so-called pub culture to talking about arranging `Bihari brides for Haryana men`, it`s a long list of bizarre comments which our lawmakers have made in the recent past.
The latest to join the bandwagon is Bihar Minister for Art, Culture and Youth Affairs Vinay Bihari, according to whom people who eat non-vegetarian food are inclined towards carrying out crimes like molestation and rape.
In fact, the minister did not stop here. As per reports in a leading Daily, Bihari also said that mobile phones were also responsible for rapes.
He was quoted by the paper as saying that youths use mobile to watch blue films and not to educate themselves by using Internet services on their phones. He added that watching pornography on phones encourage them to commit rape.
The minister himself is a strict vegetarian. He is an Independent MLA from Lauriya in West Champaran and also a Bhojpuri singer who is said to have sung around 300 songs and has written more than a thousand songs.
Recently he produced and directed a Bhojpuri film which had eleven Bihar MLAs acting in it.
Bihari`s reaction was in response to a question being asked by the media on Karnataka Assembly committee`s report that use of mobile phones was a factor in rise in rape incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back
- EU justice ministers vow to tackle growing radicalisation in Europe