Bihar minister slaps Ramdev with case
Patna: A Bihar minister on Monday filed a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his remarks on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"I have filed a case in the court against Ramdev for insulting and humiliating Dalits," Food and Civil Supply Minister Shyam Razak told reporters here.
He said he has demanded jail term for the yoga guru.
"The right place for Ramdev is in jail. He has hurt the Dalits by saying that Rahul Gandhi goes to Dalits` houses to celebrate honeymoon," the minister said.
The Janata Dal-United leader demanded the central government should lodge a case against Ramdev under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker