Bihar minister slaps Ramdev with case
Patna: A Bihar minister on Monday filed a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his remarks on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"I have filed a case in the court against Ramdev for insulting and humiliating Dalits," Food and Civil Supply Minister Shyam Razak told reporters here.
He said he has demanded jail term for the yoga guru.
"The right place for Ramdev is in jail. He has hurt the Dalits by saying that Rahul Gandhi goes to Dalits` houses to celebrate honeymoon," the minister said.
The Janata Dal-United leader demanded the central government should lodge a case against Ramdev under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police