Bihar minister slaps Ramdev with case
Patna: A Bihar minister on Monday filed a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his remarks on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"I have filed a case in the court against Ramdev for insulting and humiliating Dalits," Food and Civil Supply Minister Shyam Razak told reporters here.
He said he has demanded jail term for the yoga guru.
"The right place for Ramdev is in jail. He has hurt the Dalits by saying that Rahul Gandhi goes to Dalits` houses to celebrate honeymoon," the minister said.
The Janata Dal-United leader demanded the central government should lodge a case against Ramdev under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced