Bihar ministers raid FCI godowns
Patna: Bihar Minister for Food and Consumer Protection Shyam Rajak on Saturday said the state government would take up with the Centre the issue pertaining to storage and supply of alleged poor and inferior quality of foodgrains to the poor.
Rajak, who made surprise inspection of the godowns of Food Corporation of India (FCI) in Phulwarisharief and Digha here, said "the state government will take up with the Centre the issue of supply of inferior quality of foodgrains for the poor from Food Corporation of India (FCI) godowns".
The minister, who was accompanied by state Food and Consumer Protection department`s Principal Secretary, Bihar, State Food Corporation (SFC) Managing Director, Bihar and General Manager, FCI, Patna, visited the two godowns and detected `glaring irregularities.`
The minister, who found rice and wheat of `inferior quality` was being stored, discovered that several bags constaining foodgrains were hand-stiched in place of the normal practice of proper stitching, official sources said.
Rajak directed his department officials to ensure `joint sampling` of foodgrains, they said.
The minister promised to call a high-level meeting with the FCI officials to ensure that only good quality of rice and wheat were made available to the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly