Bihar: MLA and 4 others acquitted in murder case
Nawada: A local court in Bihar`s Nawada district Friday acquitted BJP MLA Anil Singh and four others in a murder case for want of evidence.
Additional District and Sessions judge Vimal Kumar Sinha acquitted MLA Anil Singh and his four associates for lack of evidence against them in the murder of Ritesh Kumar seven years ago.
Kumar was shot dead in Daibigaha village in Narhat police station area on February 3, 2005 during the assembly polls.
The kins of the victim had lodged an FIR charging Singh and his associates with killing Kumar.
Singh represents Hisua assembly seat in Nawada district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad