Bihar: MLA and 4 others acquitted in murder case
Nawada: A local court in Bihar`s Nawada district Friday acquitted BJP MLA Anil Singh and four others in a murder case for want of evidence.
Additional District and Sessions judge Vimal Kumar Sinha acquitted MLA Anil Singh and his four associates for lack of evidence against them in the murder of Ritesh Kumar seven years ago.
Kumar was shot dead in Daibigaha village in Narhat police station area on February 3, 2005 during the assembly polls.
The kins of the victim had lodged an FIR charging Singh and his associates with killing Kumar.
Singh represents Hisua assembly seat in Nawada district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred