Bihar: MLA and 4 others acquitted in murder case
Nawada: A local court in Bihar`s Nawada district Friday acquitted BJP MLA Anil Singh and four others in a murder case for want of evidence.
Additional District and Sessions judge Vimal Kumar Sinha acquitted MLA Anil Singh and his four associates for lack of evidence against them in the murder of Ritesh Kumar seven years ago.
Kumar was shot dead in Daibigaha village in Narhat police station area on February 3, 2005 during the assembly polls.
The kins of the victim had lodged an FIR charging Singh and his associates with killing Kumar.
Singh represents Hisua assembly seat in Nawada district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue
- India's tour to West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan hails Virat Kohli's backing, says it feels good to bat with him