Bihar MLA in hospital after husband`s thrashing
Patna: A day after Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Bima Bharti was admitted to a hospital after being allegedly beaten by her husband Awadesh Mandal, a notorious gangster, the man Thursday denied the allegations.
Mandal, who was arrested and sent to jail after a case was lodged against him for brutally thrashing his wife, denied he had beaten her. "There is no truth, they are baseless allegations against me," Mandal said Thursday.
Bima Bharti, a legislator from Rupauli assembly constituency in Purnia district, in her police complaint charged Mandal with assaulting her at their house at Bhitha village on Wednesday, police said.
Police suspect she is a victim of domestic violence. According to police, Bima Bharti was referred to the Patna Medical College Hospital for treatment after she received first aid at a government hospital in Purnia.
Mandal had over two dozen cases of murder, dacoity and extortion pending against him. He is known as a terror in Kosi belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!