Bihar MLA in hospital after husband`s thrashing
Patna: A day after Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Bima Bharti was admitted to a hospital after being allegedly beaten by her husband Awadesh Mandal, a notorious gangster, the man Thursday denied the allegations.
Mandal, who was arrested and sent to jail after a case was lodged against him for brutally thrashing his wife, denied he had beaten her. "There is no truth, they are baseless allegations against me," Mandal said Thursday.
Bima Bharti, a legislator from Rupauli assembly constituency in Purnia district, in her police complaint charged Mandal with assaulting her at their house at Bhitha village on Wednesday, police said.
Police suspect she is a victim of domestic violence. According to police, Bima Bharti was referred to the Patna Medical College Hospital for treatment after she received first aid at a government hospital in Purnia.
Mandal had over two dozen cases of murder, dacoity and extortion pending against him. He is known as a terror in Kosi belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah