Bihar MLA surrenders before court in jail break case
Nawada: Independent MLA from
Warsaliganj Assembly constituency and JD(U) nominee for the
seat in the upcoming Assembly polls, Pradip Mahto Tuesday surrendered before a court in connection with the 2001 Nawada
jail break case.
Mahto, facing charges of facilitating the escape of
his uncle, Ashok Mahto and six others from Nawada jail in
2001, had been enlarged on bail by the Patna High Court.
Mahto, after getting the ticket from the ruling JD(U)
from Warsaliganj, presented himself before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar Singh and presented the
relevant papers, including those relating to bail granted to
him by the High Court.
While three out of the seven who escaped from the
Nawada jail were killed in an encounter with a raiding team of
Kowakol police station of the district, four others were later
arrested by the district police, officials sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder