Bihar MLA surrenders before court in jail break case
Nawada: Independent MLA from
Warsaliganj Assembly constituency and JD(U) nominee for the
seat in the upcoming Assembly polls, Pradip Mahto Tuesday surrendered before a court in connection with the 2001 Nawada
jail break case.
Mahto, facing charges of facilitating the escape of
his uncle, Ashok Mahto and six others from Nawada jail in
2001, had been enlarged on bail by the Patna High Court.
Mahto, after getting the ticket from the ruling JD(U)
from Warsaliganj, presented himself before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar Singh and presented the
relevant papers, including those relating to bail granted to
him by the High Court.
While three out of the seven who escaped from the
Nawada jail were killed in an encounter with a raiding team of
Kowakol police station of the district, four others were later
arrested by the district police, officials sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees