Bihar MLA surrenders before court in jail break case
Nawada: Independent MLA from
Warsaliganj Assembly constituency and JD(U) nominee for the
seat in the upcoming Assembly polls, Pradip Mahto Tuesday surrendered before a court in connection with the 2001 Nawada
jail break case.
Mahto, facing charges of facilitating the escape of
his uncle, Ashok Mahto and six others from Nawada jail in
2001, had been enlarged on bail by the Patna High Court.
Mahto, after getting the ticket from the ruling JD(U)
from Warsaliganj, presented himself before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar Singh and presented the
relevant papers, including those relating to bail granted to
him by the High Court.
While three out of the seven who escaped from the
Nawada jail were killed in an encounter with a raiding team of
Kowakol police station of the district, four others were later
arrested by the district police, officials sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre