Bihar MLA suspended from House again
Patna: Independent Bihar MLA Jyoti Rashmi
was today suspended for 10 days from the assembly for going on
a dharna again in the well for which similar action had been
taken against her earlier.
Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary suspended Rashmi for 10
days for misconduct.
She would be barred from attending proceedings in the
House for 10 working days from March 15.
Rashmi had gone to the well with posters as soon as
question hour began in the House to protest lodging of an FIR
against her husband and former legislator Pradeep Joshi for
illegal mining in Rohtas district.
Demanding a CBI probe into the illegal mining in the
district she also raised slogans.
The Speaker disapproved of her conduct and had the
posters removed by a woman marshal.
The Speaker had on March two suspended the legislator
for five days from the House for similar conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof