Bihar MLAs salaries, allowances hiked
Patna: The Bihar government has effected
over three times hike in the salary of legislators and
increased their allowances with effect from April 1.
The decision, taken yesterday at a cabinet meeting
presided by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, would entail an
additional burden of Rs 34 crore on the state exchequer,
principal secretary in the Cabinet and Coordination Department
Ravikant told reporters here.
As per the revised pay structure, the members of the two
houses of the state legislature will now draw a salary of Rs
25,000 per month as against Rs 8,000 per month they drew last
year, he said.
The legislators would also receive constituency allowance
of Rs 25,000 per month, up from Rs 12,000, besides stationary
allowance of Rs 8,000 per month, increased from Rs 2,000 per
month. Each MLA will get an additional allowance of Rs 15,000
per month, up from Rs 10,000 per month, for payment to their
assistants, he said.
The MLAs will also get Rs 50,000, up from Rs 25,000, as
one time furniture allowance.
The cabinet also raised the hospitality allowance of the
chief minister from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 18,500 per
month, while the cabinet ministers will be entitled to a
similar allowance of Rs 18,000 per month as against Rs 14,500
per month earlier.
Ministers of state will receive an allowance of Rs 17,500
per month from existing Rs 14,000 per month, he said.
Ex-legislators will draw a pension of Rs 15,000 per month
as against Rs 6,000 per month they received earlier, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends