Bihar MLAs salaries, allowances hiked
Patna: The Bihar government has effected
over three times hike in the salary of legislators and
increased their allowances with effect from April 1.
The decision, taken yesterday at a cabinet meeting
presided by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, would entail an
additional burden of Rs 34 crore on the state exchequer,
principal secretary in the Cabinet and Coordination Department
Ravikant told reporters here.
As per the revised pay structure, the members of the two
houses of the state legislature will now draw a salary of Rs
25,000 per month as against Rs 8,000 per month they drew last
year, he said.
The legislators would also receive constituency allowance
of Rs 25,000 per month, up from Rs 12,000, besides stationary
allowance of Rs 8,000 per month, increased from Rs 2,000 per
month. Each MLA will get an additional allowance of Rs 15,000
per month, up from Rs 10,000 per month, for payment to their
assistants, he said.
The MLAs will also get Rs 50,000, up from Rs 25,000, as
one time furniture allowance.
The cabinet also raised the hospitality allowance of the
chief minister from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 18,500 per
month, while the cabinet ministers will be entitled to a
similar allowance of Rs 18,000 per month as against Rs 14,500
per month earlier.
Ministers of state will receive an allowance of Rs 17,500
per month from existing Rs 14,000 per month, he said.
Ex-legislators will draw a pension of Rs 15,000 per month
as against Rs 6,000 per month they received earlier, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark