Bihar: Mob attack police station, 3 injured
Hajipur: Demanding arrest of a rape case accused, a mob on Thursday attacked a police station in Bihar`s Vaishali district and pelted stones on policemen and injured three persons besides, torching official documents and vehicles parked in the premise compelling the forces to fire three rounds in the air to disperse them, a police official said.
Demanding arrest of a rape case accused, hundreds of local people carrying weapons barged into Sarai police station and assaulted the policemen before setting on fire documents and vehicles parked in the premise, the Tirhut Range Inspector General of Police (IG) Gupteshwar Pandey said.
The protesters pelted stones on the policemen in which a Sub-Inspector was injured, he said, adding two protesters were also injured.
The police later lathicharged the protesters and dispersed them, Pandey said.
The injured persons have been admitted to hospital, he said.
Three persons have been detained for questioning in connection with the violence, the IG said.
The situation was tense but under control, he said adding that additional policemen have been deployed to maintain law and order in the area.
Pandey also denied that the local police had tried to go slow in investigation of the rape case in Chakrosan Prabodhi village about a month ago - the reason behind the violence by the local people at Sarai police station.
The police said the main accused was absconding and they had obtained order from a local court for confiscation of his property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog