Bihar: Monica Bedi arrested for violating code
Banka: Film actress Monica Bedi
and Independent candidate Pappu Yadav were today arrested for
violation of model code of conduct and later released on bail
Authorities had permitted the two to land in their
helicopter for an election meeting only between 12:30 PM and
1:00 PM , but they arrived at 1:20 PM, officials said.
Later, they went on addressing the meeting till 1:50
PM, which was beyond the allotted time by the authorities,
Their helicopter hired from the Deccan Aviation was
confiscated by the authorities at Jhawa ground and they were
arrested and taken to the Belhar police station, where they
were charged with violating the model code, they said.
"Since they were detained under bailable sections,
the police granted them bail on PR bonds," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees