Bihar moots industrial cabinet on lines of agriculture cabinet
Patna: The Bihar government today mooted the idea of an industrial cabinet on the lines of its agriculture cabinet to facilitate greater flow of investment in the state.
The idea was floated during a meeting of Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi with Bihar Industries Association here. The Bihar government under Nitish Kumar had won accolades for its unique initiative on formulation of a dedicated agriculture cabinet combining many departments concerned with farming.
Manjhi mooted the same initiative today to give spur to industrial investment in the state. The chief minister assured the industrialists that he would direct officials to act on suggestions provided in the meeting to pave way for greater investment in the industrial sector in the state.
He said the industrial policy formulated by the Nitish Kumar ministry had facilitated an investment of Rs 6,000 to Rs 7,000 crore.
"We will try to enhance this investment. Land should not be a problem for investors," Manjhi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes