Bihar MP again gets extortion message
Patna: For the second time in a week, a Bihar MP has received a message from an unidentified person demanding Rs 50 lakh and threatening to kill his family if he fails to pay up, police said on Saturday.
Maheshwar Hazari, a Janata Dal (United) leader, has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand.
On May 29, Samastipur MP Hazari had made a similar claim. That time he was threatened that his son will be killed if the amount was not paid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption