Bihar MP again gets extortion message
Patna: For the second time in a week, a Bihar MP has received a message from an unidentified person demanding Rs 50 lakh and threatening to kill his family if he fails to pay up, police said on Saturday.
Maheshwar Hazari, a Janata Dal (United) leader, has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand.
On May 29, Samastipur MP Hazari had made a similar claim. That time he was threatened that his son will be killed if the amount was not paid.
- Save up to 20% in peak hotel rates by booking in advance
- Russia, US in bids to halt fighting in Syria's Aleppo
- Without dissent, parliamentary system is dysfunctional: Pranab Mukherjee
- Tamil Nadu polls: Modi govt taking anti-working class initiatives, says CPI
- Indian Premier League 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - As it happened...