Bihar MP again gets extortion message
Patna: For the second time in a week, a Bihar MP has received a message from an unidentified person demanding Rs 50 lakh and threatening to kill his family if he fails to pay up, police said on Saturday.
Maheshwar Hazari, a Janata Dal (United) leader, has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand.
On May 29, Samastipur MP Hazari had made a similar claim. That time he was threatened that his son will be killed if the amount was not paid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport