Bihar MP again gets extortion message
Patna: For the second time in a week, a Bihar MP has received a message from an unidentified person demanding Rs 50 lakh and threatening to kill his family if he fails to pay up, police said on Saturday.
Maheshwar Hazari, a Janata Dal (United) leader, has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand.
On May 29, Samastipur MP Hazari had made a similar claim. That time he was threatened that his son will be killed if the amount was not paid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan