Bihar MP again gets extortion message
Patna: For the second time in a week, a Bihar MP has received a message from an unidentified person demanding Rs 50 lakh and threatening to kill his family if he fails to pay up, police said on Saturday.
Maheshwar Hazari, a Janata Dal (United) leader, has informed state police chief Neelmani and Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar about the extortion demand.
On May 29, Samastipur MP Hazari had made a similar claim. That time he was threatened that his son will be killed if the amount was not paid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic