Bihar narrowing down gap with country in per capita income
Patna: With per capita income of Rs 30,930, Bihar has been narrowing down the gap in a big way with the national average, according to the latest economic survey presented in the state Assembly on Friday.
The per capita income of Bihar in 2012-13 was Rs 30,930, the survey presented by the Minister in-charge Vijay Chaudhary said.
The ratio of Bihar`s per capita income to All India has increased to 41.18 per cent in 2012-13 over 37.18 per cent in 2011-12, it said.
The survey report tabled in the Assembly on the opening day of the budget session, said that the rate of growth has more than doubled during 2006-2013 as compared to period 1999-2005-06.
Bihar was ruled by the present Nitish Kumar government during 2006-13, and before that, it was RJD regime.
During 1999-2005-06, the state income at constant prices, grew at an annual rate of 5.7 per cent. After that, the economy witnessed a turnaround and grew at an annual rate of 12 per cent, it said.
"The rate of growth achieved by the economy during 2006-2013 is not only much higher, but one of the highest among all Indian states," the report said.
It further said that the rate of growth of vital agriculture and allied sector was 5.9 per cent during 2006-13 as compared to only 3 per cent during 1999-2005-06.
The report said that the agriculture roadmap ensured that productivity steadily rises and it has reached a productivity of over 200 kg per hectare for paddy in recent years.
The survey reflected progress witnessed in all sectors of the economy.
The number of foreign tourists recorded more than six time-increase in 2012 at 11 lakh over 1.8 lakh in 2007, it said, adding during this period, the number of domestic tourists doubled.
"Of the total foreign tourists` arrival in top 10 states in India, 5 per cent visited Bihar, putting the state at the sixth rank among the top 10 in 2013," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic