Bihar not in position to implement Food Bill
Patna: Bihar government is not in a
position to implement the proposed Food Security Bill in its
present form, Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi said on Monday.
"We are opposed to certain provisions mentioned in the
present draft for the bill ... The state doesn`t have adequate
resources to implement the provisions," Modi told reporters.
Bihar did not object to the implementation of the Food
Security scheme, but due to some of its provisions it would
have to incur heavy expenses in its execution.
"The execution of the food security scheme would create
a financial crisis if implemented in toto. Heavy fund is
required for implementing the scheme in a state like Bihar,"
However, food security was an ambitious scheme and the
Centre should make available the resources required for its
"There are apprehensions that problems that cropped up
during the implementation of the Right to Education Act and
Sarva Sikasha Abhiyan, would recur in implementing the
proposed Food Security bill ... The state government is asked
to bear the expenses on a legislation enacted by the Centre,"
Bihar had lodged protests with the Centre against
several provisions of the bill and if it is presented in
Parliament it would be opposed by the NDA MPs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note