Bihar not properly implementing SC reservation: Buta
Patna: National Commission for Scheduled
Castes (NCSC) chairman Buta Singh today accused the Nitish
Kumar government of not providing the benefits of reservation
to the scheduled caste community in Bihar.
"The reservation which the scheduled caste people should
enjoy is not being properly implemented in Bihar," Singh told
reporters after a three-member panel of the commission held a
high level meeting with state chief secretary Anup Mukherjee
and other state officials here.
Even the benefits of the centrally-sponsored welfare
scheme were not properly reaching the community, he alleged.
Singh said the SC community deserved sixteen per cent
reservation in jobs, education, and another related services
in Bihar but it is not being adhered to in the true spirit.
Citing lack of awareness among the people of the
scheduled caste community as the reason for their
backwardness, Singh said he would submit a report to President
Pratibha Patil within a month providing details about the
condition of the community.
He further alleged that even the fund under special
component programme and other welfare schemes formulated for
the upliftment of the scheduled caste people were not being
fully implemented in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!