Bihar not properly implementing SC reservation: Buta
Patna: National Commission for Scheduled
Castes (NCSC) chairman Buta Singh today accused the Nitish
Kumar government of not providing the benefits of reservation
to the scheduled caste community in Bihar.
"The reservation which the scheduled caste people should
enjoy is not being properly implemented in Bihar," Singh told
reporters after a three-member panel of the commission held a
high level meeting with state chief secretary Anup Mukherjee
and other state officials here.
Even the benefits of the centrally-sponsored welfare
scheme were not properly reaching the community, he alleged.
Singh said the SC community deserved sixteen per cent
reservation in jobs, education, and another related services
in Bihar but it is not being adhered to in the true spirit.
Citing lack of awareness among the people of the
scheduled caste community as the reason for their
backwardness, Singh said he would submit a report to President
Pratibha Patil within a month providing details about the
condition of the community.
He further alleged that even the fund under special
component programme and other welfare schemes formulated for
the upliftment of the scheduled caste people were not being
fully implemented in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal