Bihar not properly implementing SC reservation: Buta
Patna: National Commission for Scheduled
Castes (NCSC) chairman Buta Singh today accused the Nitish
Kumar government of not providing the benefits of reservation
to the scheduled caste community in Bihar.
"The reservation which the scheduled caste people should
enjoy is not being properly implemented in Bihar," Singh told
reporters after a three-member panel of the commission held a
high level meeting with state chief secretary Anup Mukherjee
and other state officials here.
Even the benefits of the centrally-sponsored welfare
scheme were not properly reaching the community, he alleged.
Singh said the SC community deserved sixteen per cent
reservation in jobs, education, and another related services
in Bihar but it is not being adhered to in the true spirit.
Citing lack of awareness among the people of the
scheduled caste community as the reason for their
backwardness, Singh said he would submit a report to President
Pratibha Patil within a month providing details about the
condition of the community.
He further alleged that even the fund under special
component programme and other welfare schemes formulated for
the upliftment of the scheduled caste people were not being
fully implemented in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish