Bihar official gifts wife 230 gold ear-rings
Patna: A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings and tops during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav`s love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
"We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...," an EOU official said.
Two days ago, a team conducted searched at the house of Yadav in Patna and other places.
"EOU found total gold ornaments weighed around 1.5 kg and were worth Rs 38 lakh," an official said.
Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees.
"He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg," an official said.
According to officials, Yadav`s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs 2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed