Bihar official`s house raided over disproportionate assets
Patna: The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) of police conducted a raid at the house of a Bihar government official over his disproportionate assets, an official said on Thursday.
The EOU team raided the house of Ishwar Dayal, block development officer (BDO) of Mohiuddin Nagar in Samastipur district on Wednesday and seized disproportionate assets worth Rs 91 lakh.
A First Information Report was lodged against Dayal under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
"Ishwar Dayal has acquired most of his property after being promoted to the post of BDO in 2009. He lived like a king... Not only was his pressure cooker a silver one, he also had three silver spittoons," an official said.
Dayal has purchased a plot of 700 square feet in Rajasthan`s Pokhran, where India carried out its nuclear tests.
"It surprised us all that he purchased land in Pokhran. But the price of this piece of land has not been shown in any of related documents seized by the EOU team," EOU official Praveen Vashishta told a news agency.
In the last one-and-half months, police have raided eight government officials in Patna and elsewhere in the state and recovered assets worth crores of rupees.
The state government sacked 95 corrupt officials till the second week of February and will dismiss 21 more this month and 129 in March, Chief Secretary AK Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’