Bihar: Opium plantation in 25 acres destroyed
Patna: The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)
destroyed opium plantation in over 25 acres in six districts
of Bihar during 2010-11, a senior official said on Sunday.
Acting on satellite mapping on illegal opium farming in 13
districts of Bihar and Jharkhand, NCB team conducted raids in
six districts of Bihar and destroyed contraband plantation
there, NCB Joint Director (Bihar/Jharkhand), PK Ghosh said
The districts where the plantation was destroyed in Bihar
are Kishanganj, Gaya, Aurangabad, Jamui, Nawada and Katihar,
he said at a function on the occasion of the `International
Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.`
The NCB teams also carried out raids in Latehar,
Hazaribagh, Chatra, Khunti, Bokaro, Dhanbad, Ranchi and
another district in Jharkhand and destroyed opium plantation,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray