Bihar orphanage head arrested for child`s death
Patna: The head of a children`s orphanage in Bihar`s Vaishali district was arrested on Saturday, three days after a child died and 10 fell ill after eating contaminated food, officials said.
Pradyuman Kumar, head of Lok Seva Ashram, an orphanage in village Chakwaja, was arrested when police raided his residence and found five girls.
According to police officials, some children alleged sexual exploitation by Pradyuman.
"Police interrogated Pradyuman in connection with death of one child and those who fell ill after eating food," district official Chandrasekhar Singh said.
A preliminary inquiry showed that ashram authorities regularly served poor quality food to the children. "The police have begun a probe into the incident," an official said.
On July 16, 23 students died and dozens fell ill at a government primary school in Dharmashati Gandaman village of Saran district in Bihar after eating contaminated midday meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof