Bihar orphanage head arrested for child`s death
Patna: The head of a children`s orphanage in Bihar`s Vaishali district was arrested on Saturday, three days after a child died and 10 fell ill after eating contaminated food, officials said.
Pradyuman Kumar, head of Lok Seva Ashram, an orphanage in village Chakwaja, was arrested when police raided his residence and found five girls.
According to police officials, some children alleged sexual exploitation by Pradyuman.
"Police interrogated Pradyuman in connection with death of one child and those who fell ill after eating food," district official Chandrasekhar Singh said.
A preliminary inquiry showed that ashram authorities regularly served poor quality food to the children. "The police have begun a probe into the incident," an official said.
On July 16, 23 students died and dozens fell ill at a government primary school in Dharmashati Gandaman village of Saran district in Bihar after eating contaminated midday meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!