Bihar panchayat polls: 235 people arrested during six phase
Patna: Altogether 235 people were arrested
during the sixth phase of panchayat elections in Bihar on Friday
which was by and large peaceful, a top police officer said.
"We made 235 preventive arrests and seized cash from
people trying to disturb polling, Director General of Police
Neelmani said to a news agency.
Around 58 Vehicles, 15 mobile phones besides Rs 75,000
in cash were seized during the operation to ensure the
free and fair poll, he said.
Polling was held for the 28057 posts of village heads,
members of gram panchayat, gram kachahri, sarpanchs, gram
panchayats, panchayat samiti members and district board
members in 58 blocks of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray