Bihar panchayat polls: 235 people arrested during six phase
Patna: Altogether 235 people were arrested
during the sixth phase of panchayat elections in Bihar on Friday
which was by and large peaceful, a top police officer said.
"We made 235 preventive arrests and seized cash from
people trying to disturb polling, Director General of Police
Neelmani said to a news agency.
Around 58 Vehicles, 15 mobile phones besides Rs 75,000
in cash were seized during the operation to ensure the
free and fair poll, he said.
Polling was held for the 28057 posts of village heads,
members of gram panchayat, gram kachahri, sarpanchs, gram
panchayats, panchayat samiti members and district board
members in 58 blocks of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri