Bihar Police busts gang specialising in highway robberies
Patna: The Bihar Police on Thursday nabbed six persons and busted the infamous Saka gang specialising in robbing small transport vehicles and pick-up vans.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said the gang used to waylay vehicles on National Highway around the state capital and Mokama area, transporting anything from chicken feed to fruits and medicines. The looted goods were disposed of in the market.
Maharaj said the gang had been active for quite some time and had committed a number of crimes in the district, creating an environment of fear among the businessmen and the common people.
"We noticed the distinct modus operandi and target of the gang and mounted surveillance. We got a tip-off about the presence of the suspicious persons in Chuharmal Gate area of Mokama in the district. They were arrested after swift action by our men," the SSP said.
The police is now probing the criminal antecedents of the arrested persons to find out whether they are involved in other heinous crimes like murder, dacoity, kidnapping and extortion, Maharaj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday