Bihar Police busts gang specialising in highway robberies
Patna: The Bihar Police on Thursday nabbed six persons and busted the infamous Saka gang specialising in robbing small transport vehicles and pick-up vans.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said the gang used to waylay vehicles on National Highway around the state capital and Mokama area, transporting anything from chicken feed to fruits and medicines. The looted goods were disposed of in the market.
Maharaj said the gang had been active for quite some time and had committed a number of crimes in the district, creating an environment of fear among the businessmen and the common people.
"We noticed the distinct modus operandi and target of the gang and mounted surveillance. We got a tip-off about the presence of the suspicious persons in Chuharmal Gate area of Mokama in the district. They were arrested after swift action by our men," the SSP said.
The police is now probing the criminal antecedents of the arrested persons to find out whether they are involved in other heinous crimes like murder, dacoity, kidnapping and extortion, Maharaj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal