Bihar: Police fire in air to control agitating mob
Nawada: Police fired in the air on Sunday to
disperse a stone throwing mob protesting against the alleged
custodial death of an accused after recovery of his body from
Meenapur Badhar adjacent to a railway line in Bihar`s Nawada
Alleging that Manoj Kumar was killed in police custody at
Nagar police station, a large number of local people pelted
stones on the houses of the district magistrate and the
superintendent of police before clashing with the police,
As the law and order situation was getting out of hand,
the police fired three rounds in the air, they said, adding
that there was no casualty.
The protesters also raised slogans demanding action
against the police allegedly responsible for the killing of
accused and abandoning his body near the railway line, they
The situation was tense but under control.
Meanwhile, SP Surendra Lal has promised action against
those policemen found guilty.
Earlier, Kumar`s body was detected lying near the railway
line earlier today and soon hundreds of people gathered and
started agitating against the alleged custodial death
The police had taken Kumar into custody on January 11 for
questioning after seizing a mobile phone said to be belong to
a jeweller Sanjay Verma, who was killed by some unidentified
assailants last year, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen