Bihar police gets transit remand of `murdered` Bihar boy
New Delhi: The teenaged boy, whose purported murder had sparked off riots in Madhubani district of Bihar, has been handed over to the state police by a court here to take him back as a case of kidnapping was lodged against him.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Raghubir Singh gave Bihar police the transit remand of 17-year-old boy who was spotted by a man from the state in Mehrauli here along with his minor girl companion.
The police had earlier produced the boy before a juvenile court while the girl was produced before the Child Welfare Committee.
The couple had eloped from Madhubani in Bihar about a month ago following which the boy`s family had lodged a `missing person` complaint while the girl`s father had lodged an FIR on September 11, accusing the boy of kidnapping his daughter.
Following this, a headless body of a man was recovered from the town and the boy`s parents accused the girl`s family of having killed him due to their love affair.
The police, however, had refused to handover the body to the family after its autopsy revealed that the body was that of a 26-year-old unidentified man.
The angry mobs, however, resorted to widespread violence and arson, setting government offices and other establishments on fire, in protest against the district administration`s reluctance to give the headless body to boy`s parents, who wanted to perform its last rites.
The police had to open fire at many places leading to the death of three protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS