Bihar police inquiring into Pritam`s death: Nitish
The body of Pritam, a resident of Silchar in Assam, was found by the GRP near a bridge near Katoriya station.
A day earlier he had gone missing after he got down from the Awadh-Assam Express, in which he was travelling, at Naogachiya station to lodge a complaint following a tiff with some unknown persons inside the the train, the sources said.
A case of his kidnapping was registered by his uncle Dada Mohan Bhattachary with the Naogachiya rail police station on July 10.
Police sources said Pritam had been killed and his body thrown on the tracks which was traced on the basis of location of his mobile phone.
Raids were on in the area to apprehend those involved in the case. A medical board was constituted by the authorities to do a postmortem on him, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145