Bihar: Police lodge FIR against 60 cops
Dehri-on-sone (Bihar): Police lodged FIR
against 60 unknown policemen for allegedly ransacking shops
and assaulting traders in a market here, police said on Wednesday.
After a scuffle with a constable in the market area, a
posse of policemen from local police line rushed to the market
and ransacked some shops and assaulted some businessmen last
evening, Rohtas Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
Soon after the incident, angry locals blocked the
adjacent road and held demonstration against the
administration, he said.
The blockade was lifted after the SP and DM assured them
of taking legal action against the erring policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi