Bihar: Police lodge FIR against 60 cops
Dehri-on-sone (Bihar): Police lodged FIR
against 60 unknown policemen for allegedly ransacking shops
and assaulting traders in a market here, police said on Wednesday.
After a scuffle with a constable in the market area, a
posse of policemen from local police line rushed to the market
and ransacked some shops and assaulted some businessmen last
evening, Rohtas Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
Soon after the incident, angry locals blocked the
adjacent road and held demonstration against the
administration, he said.
The blockade was lifted after the SP and DM assured them
of taking legal action against the erring policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university