Bihar police official gets notice over Modi remark
Patna: A Bihar Police official was served a show cause notice for delivering a political speech during which he referred to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
R.K. Mishra, a 1986 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was served the notice for his speech at a function in Darbhanga district in November held to mark the death anniversary of noted Mithila poet Vidyapati.
He reportedly cited the example of Modi`s address in Maithili language at a rally in Patna Oct 27 last year, to exhort the masses to champion the cause of the language.
Mishra could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
According to police officials, Mishra replied to the show cause notice Monday before leaving for Delhi to join the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) as inspector general.
He was served the notice a week ago when he was additional director general (modernisation), after the state government received a home ministry letter Dec 27 asking for relieving him. The state government relieved him Jan 13.
"Mishra was served a show cause notice for addressing a public meeting," home secretary Amir Subhani said Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory