Bihar Police team sent to Delhi to fetch teenaged couple
Patna: A Bihar Police team was sent to New Delhi Tuesday to bring Prashant Jha, a missing Class 10 student, who was declared dead last month after he eloped with a girl from his school, an official said. He was traced in New Delhi Monday along with the girl. The boy`s disappearance had triggered two days of protests in Madhubani district that left three people dead.
"A police team led by an inspector rank officer from Madhubani district left for New Delhi Tuesday morning to bring Prashant and the girl," an officer said.
The two teenagers were spotted in south Delhi`s Mehrauli area Monday. They had stayed at Ranchi in Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Darjeeling in West Bengal before reaching Delhi by train. They were detained after they failed to provide proper identity proof.
A week after the missing complaint was lodged, an unclaimed headless body of a boy was recovered by police in Madhubani. On being shown to his family members, they identified the body as that of Prashant, police said.
But Bihar Police had refused to hand over the body to his family without confirmation of the identity, police said.
After that district witnessed violent protest last Friday and Saturday in which three youths were killed in police firing and nearly a dozen injured.
Opposition parties enforced a day long statewide shutdown in Bihar Monday to protest against killing in police firing in Madhubani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre