Bihar Police team sent to Delhi to fetch teenaged couple
Patna: A Bihar Police team was sent to New Delhi Tuesday to bring Prashant Jha, a missing Class 10 student, who was declared dead last month after he eloped with a girl from his school, an official said. He was traced in New Delhi Monday along with the girl. The boy`s disappearance had triggered two days of protests in Madhubani district that left three people dead.
"A police team led by an inspector rank officer from Madhubani district left for New Delhi Tuesday morning to bring Prashant and the girl," an officer said.
The two teenagers were spotted in south Delhi`s Mehrauli area Monday. They had stayed at Ranchi in Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Darjeeling in West Bengal before reaching Delhi by train. They were detained after they failed to provide proper identity proof.
A week after the missing complaint was lodged, an unclaimed headless body of a boy was recovered by police in Madhubani. On being shown to his family members, they identified the body as that of Prashant, police said.
But Bihar Police had refused to hand over the body to his family without confirmation of the identity, police said.
After that district witnessed violent protest last Friday and Saturday in which three youths were killed in police firing and nearly a dozen injured.
Opposition parties enforced a day long statewide shutdown in Bihar Monday to protest against killing in police firing in Madhubani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...