Bihar policemen to go on mass leave from Oct 10
Patna: Over 70,000 policemen in Bihar have decided to go on a mass leave for five days from October 10 to press for hike in salaries and perks among other demands, a Bihar Policemen`s Association (BPA) office bearer said on monday.
"The ongoing signature campaign to take consent of all policemen for the mass leave will be completed by this evening and the same will be submitted to the police brass to be deemed as notice by the BPA to proceed on mass leave for five days from October 10 midnight," BPA General Secretary Jitendra Singh said.
He expressed dissatisfaction over the state government`s attitude to address the policemen`s demands including hike in wages and allowances, Rs 2,000 grade pay for constables and 30 per cent allowance of the basic pay for doing duty in Maoist-affected areas.
Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani appealed to the agitating policemen to reconsider their decision to go on mass leave as the government was seized with consideration of their demands.
Stating that going on a mass leave was not the right way to find out solution to their demands, he said that the state government had recently hiked the salaries and allowances of the policemen and was willing to consider their other just demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back