Bihar policemen to go on mass leave from Oct 10
Patna: Over 70,000 policemen in Bihar have decided to go on a mass leave for five days from October 10 to press for hike in salaries and perks among other demands, a Bihar Policemen`s Association (BPA) office bearer said on monday.
"The ongoing signature campaign to take consent of all policemen for the mass leave will be completed by this evening and the same will be submitted to the police brass to be deemed as notice by the BPA to proceed on mass leave for five days from October 10 midnight," BPA General Secretary Jitendra Singh said.
He expressed dissatisfaction over the state government`s attitude to address the policemen`s demands including hike in wages and allowances, Rs 2,000 grade pay for constables and 30 per cent allowance of the basic pay for doing duty in Maoist-affected areas.
Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani appealed to the agitating policemen to reconsider their decision to go on mass leave as the government was seized with consideration of their demands.
Stating that going on a mass leave was not the right way to find out solution to their demands, he said that the state government had recently hiked the salaries and allowances of the policemen and was willing to consider their other just demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video