Bihar policemen`s stir deferred till Nov 30
Patna: The proposed mass leave by about 70,000 policemen in Bihar on Wednesday was deferred till November 30 next following an assurance by the Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand that their demands would be looked into, a Bihar Policemen`s Association (BPA) office-bearer said.
"We have deferred our decision to go on mass casual leave for five days from midnight till November 30 next after the DGP met our delegation and sought time to consider our demands," BPA President Jitendra Narayan Singh told PTI.
"Abhayanand also communicated Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s message for us that the state government required time to consider the policemen`s demands," he said.
Amid this new development, it has been decided to give adequate time to the state and the police top brass to come up with positive response to the BPA`s demands like hike in salary and allowances and improvement of working conditions among others, Singh said.
"We will take take stock of the matter after November 30 next and decide appropriate course of action depending on the state government`s take on our legitimate demands," he said.
The Bihar policemen had threatened to go on a mass casual leave for five days from midnight today to press for their demands after their talks with the state government and the police brass had broken down last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day