Bihar politicians slam Uddhav Thackeray
Patna: Bihar`s political leaders, cutting across party lines, on Tuesday slammed Shiv Sena leader Uddhav Thackeray for his remarks that a permit system should be implemented for Biharis wanting to live in Mumbai.
Leaders of ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and alliance partner Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and opposition Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and Congress have countered Thackeray and demanded action against him.
Thackeray, the Shiv Sena executive president, made the comments on Tuesday in the party mouthpiece Saamana.
Bihar BJP president CP Thakur said Thackeray was behaving like an irresponsible and immature politician.
"His statement is in bad taste and not good for the country`s unity."
State Animal Husbandry Minister and BJP leader Giriraj Singh said Thackeray was trying to divide the country.
"By airing such view publicly, he had violated the Constitution and the Maharashtra government and the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government should take action against him.
JD-U leader Neeraj Kumar said stern action should be taken against the Shiv Sena leader for suggesting a permit for Biharis to stay in Mumbai.
He said people from all parts of the country had the freedom to stay in Mumbai.
"Who is Uddhav Thackeray to give a permit for us to stay in Mumbai?"
Leader of Opposition in the Bihar Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui urged leaders to protest in Mumbai over the issue.
Congress leader Premchand Mishra said Thackeray was doing this for publicity and to prove himself anti-migrant.
Angry RJD workers burnt Thackeray`s effigy here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum