Bihar poll results disappoint Left
New Delhi: The CPI(M) Wednesday said it was
disappointed by the Bihar Assembly poll results.
"Our number of seats have gone down in Bihar
Assembly...naturally we are disappointed," CPI(M) leader
Brinda Karat told reporters outside Parliament.
CPI and CPI(M) have so far drawn a blank in the Bihar
polls which have been swept by the JD(U)-BJP alliance.
Congratulating JD(U)-BJP on their good performance,
she said, "We all congratulate Nitish Kumar for the victory in
Bihar. His alliance has made a record victory in Bihar."
However, Karat refused to comment on Congress` poor
performance despite the high voltage campaign by Rahul Gandhi.
Taking a dig at the BJP for not removing BS
Yeddyurappa for certain "caste consideration" in Karnataka,
Karat said, "In Bihar they (BJP) do not believe in caste
combination. Bihar elections have risen above caste and in
Karnataka, obviously, they are using certain caste factors to
protect somebody who is so corrupt and guilty of wrong-doing."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan