Bihar polls: 63 nominations rejected
Patna: Nominations of 63 of the total 682
candidates have been rejected on technical grounds on scrutiny
of papers for 45 Assembly constituencies going to polls in the
second phase in Bihar on October 24.
Altogether 682 candidates filed their nomination
papers for 45 constituencies and 63 of them were found not to
be in order during scrutiny, Additional Chief Electoral
Officer Kumar Anshumali said.
With this, 619 papers have so far been found valid, he
said, adding tomorrow was the last date for withdrawal of
candidature, Anshumali said.
So far, 186 candidates have submitted their papers for
48 constituencies going to polls in the third phase on October
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her