Bihar polls: 63 nominations rejected
Patna: Nominations of 63 of the total 682
candidates have been rejected on technical grounds on scrutiny
of papers for 45 Assembly constituencies going to polls in the
second phase in Bihar on October 24.
Altogether 682 candidates filed their nomination
papers for 45 constituencies and 63 of them were found not to
be in order during scrutiny, Additional Chief Electoral
Officer Kumar Anshumali said.
With this, 619 papers have so far been found valid, he
said, adding tomorrow was the last date for withdrawal of
candidature, Anshumali said.
So far, 186 candidates have submitted their papers for
48 constituencies going to polls in the third phase on October
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price