Bihar: Preparations on for tourists from Bhutan
Patna: Preparations are afoot by Bihar State
Tourism Development Corporation (BSTDC) to welcome tourists
from Bhutan in the coming tourism season.
A six-day and seven-night tour package, including food,
accommodation and sight-seeing is being worked out for the
proposed visit of the Bhutanese, state Tourism Minister Sunil
Kumar Pintoo said.
The trip to Buddhist circuit destinations in the state
from Bhutan would involve journey by road and railways.
The train journey would start from Randia, a small place
few kilometres away from New Jalpaiguri (NJP), which would
conclude at Bodh Gaya and from where tourists would visit
Rajgir before going to Kesaria and Vaishali by road, he said.
"The train will have two air-conditioned and eight
non-AC bogies", he said.
Thousands of tourists from Bhutan visit Bodh Gaya,
especially during winter when there are a number of Buddhist
The route of the Buddhist circuit has been charted out
and the food menu and accommodation facilities are being
planned for nearly 800 tourists who would arrive on the first
special train, he added.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during his recent Bhutan
visit emphasised on promotion of tourism and said the state
government would welcome tourists from here with open
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'