Bihar: Railways to pay Rs 2 lakh each to kin of accident victims
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in an accident in Bihar on Saturday.
Banerjee expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives and announced the ex-gratia as a special case, said a Railway Ministry statement.
Five men, two women and a child were killed when the Guwahati-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing at Khaira near Katihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog