Bihar: Railways to pay Rs 2 lakh each to kin of accident victims
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in an accident in Bihar on Saturday.
Banerjee expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives and announced the ex-gratia as a special case, said a Railway Ministry statement.
Five men, two women and a child were killed when the Guwahati-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing at Khaira near Katihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured