Bihar: Railways to pay Rs 2 lakh each to kin of accident victims
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in an accident in Bihar on Saturday.
Banerjee expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives and announced the ex-gratia as a special case, said a Railway Ministry statement.
Five men, two women and a child were killed when the Guwahati-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing at Khaira near Katihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?