Bihar: Railways to pay Rs 2 lakh each to kin of accident victims
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in an accident in Bihar on Saturday.
Banerjee expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives and announced the ex-gratia as a special case, said a Railway Ministry statement.
Five men, two women and a child were killed when the Guwahati-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing at Khaira near Katihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- FSSAI frames safety standards for alcoholic drinks
- Won’t count bullets if Pakistan fires first: Rajnath Singh on Pampore attack
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Vijender Singh is an amateur, not in my league: Kerry Hope
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries