Bihar: Railways to pay Rs 2 lakh each to kin of accident victims
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in an accident in Bihar on Saturday.
Banerjee expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives and announced the ex-gratia as a special case, said a Railway Ministry statement.
Five men, two women and a child were killed when the Guwahati-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing at Khaira near Katihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?