Bihar recommends CBI probe into missing girl case again
Patna: Bowing to persistent demand, the state government recommended for the second time a CBI probe into the kidnap of a girl Navruna from Muzzafarpur in 2012.
"We have again requested the CBI to reconsider our request for a probe into the missing case of a 12 year-old girl Navruna Chakravarti from her home in Muzaffarpur town in 2012.
The central agency had reportedly refused to take up the case on the basis of the first recommendation made by the state government last year.
The 12-year-old girl Navruna, a class-VII student of St Xavier`s Public School in Muzaffarpur, had gone missing from her house located in Ghirnipokhar locality under Town police station area on September 18, 2012.
The state government had ordered a CID probe in the matter, but no headway in the probe could be made as Navruna`s parents refused to cooperate with investigation and provide blood sample for DNA test so as to match the same with corpse of a girl which was said to be of the same age as that of the missing girl.
With a hope to see her daughter again, Navruna`s mother had met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on September 2 last and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The CM assured all help to Navruna`s mother after hearing about her missing daughter.
However amid reports that the apex probe agency had refused to look into the case, her parents Atulya and Maitri Chakravarti had launched a hunger strike before the Town police station recently as local people took out a protest march to put pressure on the state to recommend a CBI probe.
Navruna`s family had earlier petitioned the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and the Union Home Ministry demanding a CBI probe into the missing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali