Bihar recommends CBI probe into missing girl case again
Patna: Bowing to persistent demand, the state government recommended for the second time a CBI probe into the kidnap of a girl Navruna from Muzzafarpur in 2012.
"We have again requested the CBI to reconsider our request for a probe into the missing case of a 12 year-old girl Navruna Chakravarti from her home in Muzaffarpur town in 2012.
The central agency had reportedly refused to take up the case on the basis of the first recommendation made by the state government last year.
The 12-year-old girl Navruna, a class-VII student of St Xavier`s Public School in Muzaffarpur, had gone missing from her house located in Ghirnipokhar locality under Town police station area on September 18, 2012.
The state government had ordered a CID probe in the matter, but no headway in the probe could be made as Navruna`s parents refused to cooperate with investigation and provide blood sample for DNA test so as to match the same with corpse of a girl which was said to be of the same age as that of the missing girl.
With a hope to see her daughter again, Navruna`s mother had met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on September 2 last and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The CM assured all help to Navruna`s mother after hearing about her missing daughter.
However amid reports that the apex probe agency had refused to look into the case, her parents Atulya and Maitri Chakravarti had launched a hunger strike before the Town police station recently as local people took out a protest march to put pressure on the state to recommend a CBI probe.
Navruna`s family had earlier petitioned the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and the Union Home Ministry demanding a CBI probe into the missing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert