‘Bihar roads better than in many parts of Europe’
Patna: A delegation of European Union (EU) MPs met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday and offered to help in the state`s development. The lawmakers said the roads in the state were better than in many European countries, an official said.
"The delegation of EU parliamentarians have shown keen interest on helping Bihar improve the quality of life, particularly of farmers, women and children in the rural areas," an official in the chief minister`s office said.
"The delegation also praised smooth roads in Bihar. They told Nitish Kumar that roads were smooth and the condition of roads was far better than the roads in some European countries," the official said.
The delegation was led by Graham Watson. The MPs on Tuesday visited rural areas in Vaishali district and interacted with the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore