‘Bihar roads better than in many parts of Europe’
Patna: A delegation of European Union (EU) MPs met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday and offered to help in the state`s development. The lawmakers said the roads in the state were better than in many European countries, an official said.
"The delegation of EU parliamentarians have shown keen interest on helping Bihar improve the quality of life, particularly of farmers, women and children in the rural areas," an official in the chief minister`s office said.
"The delegation also praised smooth roads in Bihar. They told Nitish Kumar that roads were smooth and the condition of roads was far better than the roads in some European countries," the official said.
The delegation was led by Graham Watson. The MPs on Tuesday visited rural areas in Vaishali district and interacted with the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you