‘Bihar roads better than in many parts of Europe’
Patna: A delegation of European Union (EU) MPs met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday and offered to help in the state`s development. The lawmakers said the roads in the state were better than in many European countries, an official said.
"The delegation of EU parliamentarians have shown keen interest on helping Bihar improve the quality of life, particularly of farmers, women and children in the rural areas," an official in the chief minister`s office said.
"The delegation also praised smooth roads in Bihar. They told Nitish Kumar that roads were smooth and the condition of roads was far better than the roads in some European countries," the official said.
The delegation was led by Graham Watson. The MPs on Tuesday visited rural areas in Vaishali district and interacted with the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say