Bihar roads construction praised by ADB
Patna: Road construction work in Bihar drew praise from Asian Development Bank (ADB) which promised all assistance to the state government in future projects.
"A lot of good work has been done in Bihar in the field of roads. We will provide all assistance to the government in further promoting good roads in the state," Sri Widowati, Director, Transport & Communication division, South Asia department of ADB who was here for talks on new projects, told reporters today.
The four-member ADB team, of which Widowati is a member, had a meeting with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Wednesday. Road Construction Department Secretary Pratya Amrit was also present in the meeting.
Widowati apprised Kumar about the good work being done by Bihar State Road Development Corporation (BSRDC) in the execution of ADB projects and rated it to be one the best in the country, a BSRDC statement said.
The chief minister asked the delegation to consider new proposals under regional connectivity scheme and also to provide further assistance for newly notified state highways.
He explained at length the importance of the 21.5 km long `Ganga path` from Deedarganj to Digha near here, envisaged as a parallel road along the banks of the river, and requested ADB to finance it, the statement added.
The NDA government in Bihar has been giving top priority to construction of roads and has declared 4,857 km as state highways. Work is in progress on a 387 km stretch.
Kumar while presenting the annual report card of his government in November last year had claimed that except for Kisanganj, road journey from any district headquarters to capital Patna could be made within six hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues