Bihar school enrolment scam: Paswan for CBI probe
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the alleged scam in various education schemes by exaggeration of the number of students enrolled in the government schools of Bihar.
"The NDA government headed by the Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar has committed irregularities and swindled public
money by exaggerating the figure of students enrolment in
government schools," he told reporters quoting media reports.
The amount involved in the loot of public money in the
education schemes, like Mid-Day Meal (MDM), Sarva Shiksha
Abhiyan (SSA), bicycle, dress and other incentives for
students could run into hundreds of crores of rupees as the
figures of the students enrolled in the schools have been
found to be grossly over exaggerated, Paswan alleged.
Pressing for a CBI probe in the alleged scam, the LJP
chief said he would meet the Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal
soon and apprise the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police