Bihar school enrolment scam: Paswan for CBI probe
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the alleged scam in various education schemes by exaggeration of the number of students enrolled in the government schools of Bihar.
"The NDA government headed by the Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar has committed irregularities and swindled public
money by exaggerating the figure of students enrolment in
government schools," he told reporters quoting media reports.
The amount involved in the loot of public money in the
education schemes, like Mid-Day Meal (MDM), Sarva Shiksha
Abhiyan (SSA), bicycle, dress and other incentives for
students could run into hundreds of crores of rupees as the
figures of the students enrolled in the schools have been
found to be grossly over exaggerated, Paswan alleged.
Pressing for a CBI probe in the alleged scam, the LJP
chief said he would meet the Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal
soon and apprise the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday