Bihar security to be stepped during holy `Shrawan` month
Banka: All police stations and outposts in Bihar`s Banka district have been alerted to take additional security measures during the Shrawan month as Maoists may target pilgrims visiting the holy town Deoghar for worship of Lord Shiva, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police (Banka) Pushkar Anand has directed officials to take additional measures to ensure security of large number of pilgrims visiting Lord Shiva temple in Deoghar as they could come under the Maoists` attack, sources said.
The Station House Officers (SHOs) of Belhar, Katoria, Chandan and Suia police stations and Officers In-Charge (OIC) of Anandpur, Jaipur and Kesar police outposts have been asked to be vigilant as the pilgrims pass through jurisdiction of these police stations and outposts, they said.
Senior civil and police officials have been asked to be monitor law and order situation in the Maoists-infested Banka district to prevent any untoward incident during the festive Shrawan month, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez