Bihar security to be stepped during holy `Shrawan` month
Banka: All police stations and outposts in Bihar`s Banka district have been alerted to take additional security measures during the Shrawan month as Maoists may target pilgrims visiting the holy town Deoghar for worship of Lord Shiva, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police (Banka) Pushkar Anand has directed officials to take additional measures to ensure security of large number of pilgrims visiting Lord Shiva temple in Deoghar as they could come under the Maoists` attack, sources said.
The Station House Officers (SHOs) of Belhar, Katoria, Chandan and Suia police stations and Officers In-Charge (OIC) of Anandpur, Jaipur and Kesar police outposts have been asked to be vigilant as the pilgrims pass through jurisdiction of these police stations and outposts, they said.
Senior civil and police officials have been asked to be monitor law and order situation in the Maoists-infested Banka district to prevent any untoward incident during the festive Shrawan month, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future