Bihar security to be stepped during holy `Shrawan` month
Banka: All police stations and outposts in Bihar`s Banka district have been alerted to take additional security measures during the Shrawan month as Maoists may target pilgrims visiting the holy town Deoghar for worship of Lord Shiva, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police (Banka) Pushkar Anand has directed officials to take additional measures to ensure security of large number of pilgrims visiting Lord Shiva temple in Deoghar as they could come under the Maoists` attack, sources said.
The Station House Officers (SHOs) of Belhar, Katoria, Chandan and Suia police stations and Officers In-Charge (OIC) of Anandpur, Jaipur and Kesar police outposts have been asked to be vigilant as the pilgrims pass through jurisdiction of these police stations and outposts, they said.
Senior civil and police officials have been asked to be monitor law and order situation in the Maoists-infested Banka district to prevent any untoward incident during the festive Shrawan month, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok